Roles and ResponsibilitiesORGANISATION
A New York based, industry-leading Data Artificial Intelligence provider in the Retail industry. Their experience and capabilities enable global Retail leaders to enhance their services to their end users. They also enable customer vendors to streamline their operations and improve delivery metrics via Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning. With deep experience in Data Science, Data Engineering, and Enterprise-Scale Storage and Compute. They help customers navigate the modern Cloud landscape effortlessly.
The Scrum Master will act as a servant leader for the team, facilitating team meetings, fostering Agile behavior , helping remove impediments and maintaining the team’s focus.
His / Her roles and responsibilities would be
- Implement agile practices for one team suggested by the coach / agile coe.
- Product Roadmap:
- Understand the overall product roadmap as articulated by the product owner and translate roadmap into team specific release planning and sprint planning.
- Coaching & Facilitating:
- Identify the training programs for the team members.
- Coach and mentor team members to develop agile capabilities self organization etc.
- Facilitate retrospection at the end of each sprint.
- Filter the learning for the next sprint.
- Identify best practices and ensure that they are implemented.
- Document the learning / outcome of retrospection notes.
- Maintain oversight on the work of the scrum team under purview.
- Collate metrics to track progress and provide status updates to relevant stakeholders.
- Resolve any issues that may arise.
- Escalate critical issues to relevant stakeholders for resolution.
- Guide Agile team in coming up with a based on the requirements / features gathered.
- Guide the team to break the tasks and assign hours into tasks.
- Review estimates created by the team and provide feedback/ inputs.
- Guide the teams towards improving the scrum way of working including ensuring cross term coordination.
- Facilitate daily stand up meetings sprint planning retrospective and sprint demos.
- Support the Product Owner at client to keep the backlog, communicate updates, communicate impediments and maintain release plan(s).
- Drive and support the team by removing impediments.
- Liaise between the team (inclusive of developers testers) and other practices to ensure focus on each release.
- Identify dependencies and ensure no delays in accomplishing sprint goals.
- Track metrics and leverage scrum artefacts (eg backlogs burn down charts etc) to communicate progress to customer sponsors.
- Remove interferences to ensure the team is working efficiently (for specific accounts / projects).
- Act as a bridge for distributed scrum.
- Track the velocity.
- Work with the product owner to ensure that the release plan is revised post every sprint.
- Review estimates and task boards to ensure that the same is updated.
- Provide inputs for release planning activities.
- Review the backlog and provide necessary input.
- At the end of each sprint track metrics (eg velocity code quality defect density across all phases code review metrics testing metrics) for each sprint report the same to the management.
- Review and share observations on bug status closure.
- Review the defect management plan and review the corrective steps as taken by the team.
- Facilitate the conversation so that the team identifies and takes corrective actions.
- Engage with the team (the scrum team being managed by the role).
- Create training plans for the team.
- Set stretch targets and track performance against the same periodically.
Must Have Skills
Good to Have
- Agile Certification (CSM, PMI-ACP, Agile SAFE..etc)
- Technical background
- 5+ years in Scrum Master role
- 8+ years in Information Technology
- Those with Data Engineering background preferred
Talent Bee Consulting Pvt. Ltd